With all the stylists and A-list celebrities recently jumping on the “one hair-wash per week” bandwagon, you’ve surely got to ask – to dry shampoo or to not dry shampoo? If you’re keen on skipping a few washes during the week, here are a few pros and cons for adding some dry shampoo to your daily grooming routine.
Pros of Using Dry Shampoo:
- Well, there’s the most obvious – it saves you time. In place of lather, rinse, and repeat, you can spray, tousle, and go. Additional time for snoozing, less time for grooming.
- With less use of other hair products, it will save you money. As you won’t need certainly to shampoo every day, you can extend the utilization of your shampoo and other hair care products in between washes. Win-win!
- Dry shampoo lets you improve the fitness of your Top salon Boca Raton. As you won’t have to wash it just as much, you may also avoid over-heating it with styling. Between flat irons and blow dryers, your hair may use most of the replenishment it may get. With only a little spritz, you can include some volume to your hair and hide any areas that could be prone to looking greasy.
Cons of Dry Shampoo for Hair:
- Dry shampoos can leave a residue. With regards to the brand, some sprays can leave a “dusty” looking residue on your hair, which needless to say would lead to the necessity for you really to wash your hair. Make sure you do your research on brands to avoid this – especially if you have darker hair. Should you choose to opt for dry shampoo, speak to your Toronto hairstylist first to obtain the best recommendation for your hair tone and texture.
- Dandruff could be a common attribute. Unfortunately, if you are prone to having a dry scalp, the odds are that if a couple of days of skipping a wash and substituting in a dried spray, this could cause a build-up on your scalp. The only way to potentially avoid this is to hydrate your scalp with a hair treatment regularly. Another common alternative is to wash your hair using only water to get rid of any build-up, and then apply only a little dry shampoo after for extra volume.
- The ingredients may be toxic. Among the significant causes, people often try and limit hair washing is to help rejuvenate the hair follicles and scalp from all the products that were being used daily. It is essential to watch on the labels and stay away from ingredients that are just as damaging for your hair. Do your research or ask a professional.
There are many pros and cons to using dry shampoo. The most effective method to make the best decision is definitely to consult an expert – ask your hairstylist at bob + Paige salon.